Pop Bunker Merchandise
Got a hot lead? Send it!
What We Write
- Toy-Toy on Retro Crush: Bonkers
- Females Pleasure on [Sequel City] Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows
- John on The Walking Dead Recap: Episode 2.5 – Chupacabra
- Stephanie on [Taste of Asia] Shinobi: Heart Under Blade ( 2005)
- elinore on This Week in Odd History: Kepler’s Mother Arrested for Witchcraft (August 7, 1620)
- HirumiKato on Gordon Ramsay’s Recipe For Kitchen Nightmare Success
- MrRogers on Clearing Away Cobwebs
- Spike on Day 14: Every “Peanuts” Strip Featuring a Zamboni
- GEorge on [Old Movies / Young Eyes] Slaughterhouse-Five (1972)
- Erin on Back to the Beginning: Yes’s Self-Titled Debut vs. Fly From Here
- D. Andrew White on Revisiting the Battle of Los Angeles: February 24, 1942
- Amy on [Retro Bunker] The Railway Dragon (1989)
Sequel City Archive
Posted on December 23, 2011 | 3 CommentsThe filmmakers of both Sherlock Holmes films, directed by Guy Ritchie, have re-imagined Holmes as a steampunk James Bond. Holmes is constantly chasing or being chased, using Bond gadgets and protecting or fighting Bond girl types. He travels to glamorous locales in between...
Posted on October 24, 2011 | 9 CommentsLindsay Beaton: Oh, the title—Die Hard 2: Die Harder. Dumbest title ever. Steve Bogdaniec: Yes. Lindsay Beaton: For crying out loud. Steve Bogdaniec: F**k you, grammar! Hello again, everyone! Sorry that Sequel City has been MIA for a bit, but we’re back covering the first...
Posted on July 15, 2011 | 2 CommentsIn this edition of Sequel City, I will cover the eighth and supposedly last Harry Potter movie, which I saw at a midnight screening. That’s not the special part. What is special is that, for the first time, I am reviewing a sequel without having...
Posted on June 20, 2011 | 2 CommentsWelcome back to Sequel City…James Bond edition! As the eight of you who have ever read this column may remember, I am a big fan of the James Bond franchise—which is really just a succession of sequels, if you think about it—and reviewed 1974’s The...
Posted on May 31, 2011 | 2 CommentsHello everyone, and welcome to a Summer 2011 edition of Sequel City. Graduate school has been leaning on me heavily during this prime sequel season, but I managed to see these two movies within 24 hours of each other. I figured I would cover both...
Posted on May 6, 2011 | No CommentsHi everyone—just a little follow-up to the Fast Five review Lindsay and I posted on Monday. A friend sent me this link from The Onion and I thought I would pass it on. It’s funny…and maybe slightly accurate. Enjoy!
Posted on May 2, 2011 | 5 CommentsWelcome back to Sequel City! In this edition, we take a look at the new film in The Fast and the Furious series, Fast Five. I saw it opening night with a few friends, one of which happened to be fellow Pop Bunker contributor Lindsay...
Posted on March 15, 2011 | 2 CommentsI have hated Grease 2 most of my life. I should explain. Grease 2 is the sequel to one of the biggest movies (and plays) of the last quarter of the 20th century. You don’t need me to explain Grease to you. I do have...
Posted on February 15, 2011 | 6 CommentsHello again! Following up on the discussion of Back to the Future Part II (found here, by the way,) Sequel City will visit the final chapter of this trilogy. After the convoluted mess that was Part II, the filmmakers threw us another curveball. Part III...
Posted on January 18, 2011 | 2 CommentsIt’s 2011…somehow…and that means you may have missed the 25th anniversary celebration of the original Back to the Future. Well, you didn’t miss it if you happened to be flipping through cable channels during the holidays—I saw it listed for no less than three Back...