Pop Bunker Merchandise
Got a hot lead? Send it!
What We Write
- Toy-Toy on Retro Crush: Bonkers
- Females Pleasure on [Sequel City] Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows
- John on The Walking Dead Recap: Episode 2.5 – Chupacabra
- Stephanie on [Taste of Asia] Shinobi: Heart Under Blade ( 2005)
- elinore on This Week in Odd History: Kepler’s Mother Arrested for Witchcraft (August 7, 1620)
- HirumiKato on Gordon Ramsay’s Recipe For Kitchen Nightmare Success
- MrRogers on Clearing Away Cobwebs
- Spike on Day 14: Every “Peanuts” Strip Featuring a Zamboni
- GEorge on [Old Movies / Young Eyes] Slaughterhouse-Five (1972)
- Erin on Back to the Beginning: Yes’s Self-Titled Debut vs. Fly From Here
- D. Andrew White on Revisiting the Battle of Los Angeles: February 24, 1942
- Amy on [Retro Bunker] The Railway Dragon (1989)
Movie Review Archive
Posted on July 1, 2011 | No CommentsTweet There are going to be a million reviews of Transformers: Dark of the Moon (DotM). I frankly am not up for a full review. It’s not that it was terrible and not worth to review or anything snarky like that, it’s simply that in […]
Posted on June 30, 2011 | 2 CommentsTweet Director: Jason Eisener / Writers: John Davies, Jason Eisener (story) / Stars: Rutger Hauer, Molly Dunsworth, and Robb Wells From its humble beginnings as a fake trailer created for a SXSW movie trailer contest, Hobo with a Shotgun came out guns blazing as a cult […]
Posted on June 27, 2011 | No CommentsThis Week on Cinematic Blues, there are Dirty Detroit Detectives, Simply Sexual Situations, and Hopelessly Haunted Husbands. Zigs and Zags. Zeriously.
Posted on June 21, 2011 | No CommentsTweet Rubber (2010) Magnet Releasing Directed and written by Quentin Dupieux Starring Stephen Spinella, Jack Plotnick, Wings Hauser, Roxane Mesquida Rating 3 of 5 Rubber is a sort of horror movie and a sort of absurd comedy, but not anything like what you would […]
Posted on June 20, 2011 | 2 CommentsTweet When a film with as much hype surrounding it as Green Lantern finally comes out, theatergoers will often go into their viewing with the mindset – without having seen anything more than a trailer – that they will like or dislike the film. Green […]
Posted on June 20, 2011 | No CommentsRev up those engines, strap on your ballet shoes, and get ready for some Wacked Out Movies this week on Cinematic Blues. It's straight up crazy in here.
Posted on June 17, 2011 | 3 CommentsTweet Director: Shion Sono / Writers: Shion Sono (screenplay), Yoshiki Takahashi (screenplay) / Stars: Makoto Ashikawa, Denden, and Mitsuru Fukikoshi Cinefamily’s Shion Sono retrospective last weekend—where I got to see Love Exposure for a second time in all its glory—kicked off with an exclusive advance […]
Posted on June 16, 2011 | 2 CommentsTweet When you think of kung fu movies, you’ll probably think of something from Japan, or China. In doing so, you might overlook this little gem from Korea, released in 2004. Made by Ryoo Seung-wan, billed as Korea’s answer to Stephen Chow, Arahan is slick, […]
Posted on June 13, 2011 | 2 CommentsCinematic Blues makes a long overdue return to the Bunker. This week: Corporations, Cowboys, & Cunnilingus. Aren't you glad I'm back?
Posted on June 13, 2011 | 4 CommentsTweet Come with me on a journey back to 1982. There were a lot of good movies that came out in 1982. It was a fantastic year that included Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, Tron, Blade Runner, The Thing, and Conan The Barbarian. […]